At long last, click here to see Riley’s newborn slideshow (it will take a few minutes to load). There are some truly stunning shots, and needless to say, it was an ordeal to narrow it down! Feel free to weigh in on your favorites. We’d love to hear.
And, as you can see from this picture, though, she’s growing like a weed! She was up to 8 lbs 9 oz at her one-month appointment and will probably easily be 12 by her two-month. I guess that’s just the Thomson way...birth them small and fatten ‘em up quick! I am pretty darn sure I got two “real” smiles today, but I haven’t quite captured it on camera yet.

It has been a crazy, but fun month around here. It seems we have been go, go, go every weekend, and fortunately, Riley’s easy to take along right now. First up was Taste of Forsyth, where Jacob had a ball with jump castles, trains, riding ponies, face painting and more.
Who’s that little doggie?

Then came Touch a Truck, the consummate little boy event. There was literally every type of truck you can possibly imagine for Jacob to sit in and "steer," including a mini excavator (which might possibly be Jacob’s favorite thing on earth – at least after vacuums). As fun as it was, I can honestly say I'll die a happy woman if I never hear a horn honk again! Some of those trucks are loud! Here are a few of our favorite pics...
The excavator!

Who knew how big these motorcycles were...he could barely reach the handles!

GI Jacob!

And then this weekend was our favorite annual event - Lauren’s Run! The weather held out for us, and Hayley’s Heroes had a great turnout with nearly 50 walkers/runners. We even got to see two of Hayley’s favorite nurses from Eggleston which was an extra special treat! The event itself raised more than $120,000 for CURE Childhood Cancer so thanks so much to everyone who came out and/or contributed. It is always fun for us to celebrate this special day "for" Hayley. We didn’t quite get the whole family in the pictures, but we came close!


Last, but not least, a few special prayer requests for some special cancer friends. If you’ve followed Hayley’s story from the beginning, you’ll remember the Maxeys. We spent many a day at Scottish Rite roaming the halls together, and they lost their precious little girl Maddy a few months before we lost Hayley. Thankfully, they were blessed with a little boy, Grant, shortly after Jacob’s birth and then also had a baby girl, Annette, in October 2008. In December, sweet Annette was diagnosed with ATRT – an extremely aggressive brain tumor. They are pretty much living my worst nightmare, and all I can do is beg God for a different outcome this time. Please keep them in your prayers and check on them at http://www.maxeyweb.com/.
Our other friends are the Morgans. Now 10-year-old Ryan was at transplant briefly with Hayley in 2004 for Stage 4 neurbolastoma. In 2007 he relapsed and has been battling hard (as his mom has been simultaneously battling super-aggressive breast cancer). Just last week, this sweet family was told that Ryan is out of treatment options. They are currently pursuing an experimental therapy in Vermont, which may help ease his pain – or even better – clear him again. Please pray for their strength and endurance – and a miracle to boot.
It goes without saying that both of these families were in our thoughts while we walked this weekend, and we pray there will be a cure for every child very, very soon...
The rest of the month is sure to be crazy. Between Lauren’s Run, Jacob’s end-of-school festivities, me starting back to part-time freelancing, trying to exercise and lose the baby weight, keeping up with friends, Jacob’s b-day approaching, assembling birth announcements and enjoying life with two kiddoes underfoot...I'm exhausted!! But I wouldn’t trade it...and I promise to get better about posting pictures even if I don’t write a word!!
Thanks for checking in!


6 comments:
WOW she is getting big.... she looks much more like Jacob to me here. Adorable. I follow both of those families you mentioned and think of them everyday. We really wanted to be a part of the walk on Sunday... life got very busy (and sickness invaded us) but next year we would love to do it!
Hey Dayna! I'm so glad you posted with an update and pictures!! Oh my word the slideshow is amazing. So beautiful. I would have had a really hard time picking too. I saw a few obvious ones - but the one that I wanted to stare at longer was of the bottom of her pink feet. They look almost heart shaped and I think it would be perfect framed in her room. I love little newborn feet.
Hugs to you friend! Love, Julie
Dayna and Alan: I am so happy for you. Say Hello to your Mom and Dad for me. Michael(my older son) and his wife Maureen, will bless me with my very first grandchild in November. The baby is expected to arrive on what would have been my 39th wedding anniversary. It will be bittersweet. Linda Lancaster
Thank you so much for sharing your incredible joy and beautiful pictures! I'm so, so happy for your family.
Sharon, Angels in Atlanta
Thanks so much for what you left in the mailbox today, it made my day!!! Have a fantastic Mother's Day Dayna :)
You make BEAUTIFUL babies! I fell in love with your sweet Hayley and have subsequently been quite smitten with Mr. Jacob, and now look forward to seeing your gorgeous new daughter grow. She looks so much like her big sister and brother, they are all so pretty! Thanks for sharing her with those of us out here in cyberspace who love your family! :)
Post a Comment