Sunday, August 21, 2011

Milestones!

Thanks to TPPMommyof3, I have been guilted into a quick update! And there is much to update for the two of you who may have occasionally checked in over the past 18 months!

I guess the biggest and most exciting news is that we are expecting baby #4 in just four short weeks. Unlike the ordeal we went through in an attempt to have Jacob and Riley, this baby has been our unexpected blessing. Although we are occasionally overwhelmed at the idea of containing the chaos of three (; ), we can’t wait to meet our newest baby girl!

Here I am a week or two ago…



Riley is 2 ½ and full of humor and spunk. She is a natural athlete, but is also a complete girly girl. If you come to our front door on any given day, you’re likely to find her in her favorite “night, night dress” and Cinderella shoes. She is so obsessed with this particular nightgown that we now own three identical ones. (We do make her wear real clothes when out in public – though she has been known to “click, click click” her way through a store with princess shoes). She is a unique mix of style and comfort! She loves her baby dolls, and we are anxious to see how she reacts to the new baby. She says she’s going to change her diaper for me – wouldn’t that be nice!? She loves to follow Jacob around doing whatever he does and is loving taking gymnastics class. She starts preschool two mornings a week after Labor Day, and I’m sure her social little self will love it!



In her new big girl bed!




Meanwhile, Jacob is truly becoming a little man. At five, he started kindergarten this year. With the new baby arriving shortly and a small classroom with an amazing teacher, I really thought I would be fine with the transition. Chalk it up to pregnancy hormones or just the true nature of the milestone, but this mommy got in her car and sobbed after dropping him off. But he absolutely loves school, and we are thrilled he does! He seems to be our future engineer and can tell you anything and everything about a car engine or a vacuum. He is a great big brother to Riley, and we know he will be for his newest little sister too. When we first told him we were having another baby, his reaction was, “Well, I’m going to need someone to help me. I can’t take care of two babies by myself.” Ha! My sentiments exactly, buddy!



With Alan at the beach this summer!

After years in the financial services industry, Alan started his own financial planning company last June, and is happier professionally than he has ever been. He certainly can’t complain about his boss these days, and I love the relative flexibility it provides! He continues to serve on the board of CURE Childhood Cancer in his “free”time.

As for me, I’m just trying to keep up with everyone else and stay out of the heat! It is my first summer pregnancy, and God bless all of you who do it routinely. ; )

Thanks so much for checking in on us. It means a lot that those of you who fell in love with Hayley continue to think of us. While we can truly say that family life will never be “complete” this side of heaven, it is very, wonder”full” indeed.

20 comments:

Colleen said...

Congrats on baby #4! Glad to hear that you are all doing so well. The kids look great. :)

Donna D. said...

So happy to see an update and see that eeveryone is well! Congrats on your new little one.

TPPmommyof3 said...

Eeeek!! It worked!! I am so happy!! You look beautiful and could the little ones be any cuter?!! Jacob looks so handsome and big!! Riley... She is beautiful. She looks so much like Hayley. That sweet face...

I am just so excited to hear that your family is doing so well!! That makes me so happy. Congratulations on baby #4!! I know Hayley must be loving getting to know her new sister even before you guys get to! It is kind of cool... your babies all come pre loved on by a very special angel.

Please post from time to time... WE READ!

Also, I am Rebecca. Apparently I am the nosiest of your readers. :o)

Im just soooo happy for you guys!!

donna russell said...

Thomson Family, I have been following your site for many years. I am thrilled to hear about your new addition. I'm sure Hayley is smiling ear to ear and will continue to look over her wonderful family. May you all enjoy every moment with your family. You deserve only the best.

Donna Russell NJ

Debbie said...

So glad that you update, I too have been following your site for a very long time. Congrad's on the new baby. Your other children are all so cute. May God bless your family. Hope you keep updating.

Debbie

jandkland said...

It's wonderful to read an update about your precious family! Hayley is one of those special children I always remember. I know you will always carry her with you, and it's beautiful to read that you are able to grasp the joy life still holds. I wish you the best and continued blessings as you welcome baby girl into your family. Thank you for taking a few moments to write!

--Kelley Land

Anonymous said...

FINALLY!!! You're still in my *favorites* and I check in often hoping for an update. Im SO happy to see one! What a beautiful family, cant wait to see the new baby girl! congrats.

timi68 said...

HOORAY!! so happy for you Dayna....believe it or not, I too, have been with you since you were on Caringbridge with Hayley. I found you through Jenny Scott (Ali's mom) and I sobbed with both of your stories :( You are the two families I "still" have saved under my favorites and ALWAYS check up on you (even though you hadn't updated in a while, i knew you would eventually...lol!!)
so glad to hear that Jacob loves school and Riley looks just like her precious sister. Don't tell me about "sobbing" in the car...I dropped my son off at his highschool orientation the other day and cried all the way home! it doesn't get any easier!! :) I also have my 7th and 2nd grade daughters to keep me busy too!
Please post pics when your new baby girl arrives! I'm so happy you're all doing well! Thanks for the wonderful update! You all look amazing! GOD bless you!!

Sharon C said...

Omigosh! I'm thrilled to see an update and sooooo happy for your family!!!! As that lady told you and Alan in the restaurant that time, you two DO make beautiful children! I know Hayley can't wait for y'all to meet your newest addition and is probably trying to push her out into the world even now. God's blessings and peace on all of you!
Sharon C - Angels in Atlanta

mccoy5 said...

What a fantastic update! So happy for y'all ... #4 - WOW! Best wishes, pray for y'all every day! ~Lisa McCoy (CHOA - CT)

pleasepassthetestosterone said...

So excited to read an update about your precious family. I still think about sweet Hayley as she and her story touched my heart so much.

Congratulations on baby number 4! So excited for your family! Jacob and Riley are just adorable and getting so big! Can't wait to see pictures of your new sweetie pie!

Karen said...

I am so happy for your family. I just thought I would check your page and what a surprise!
Bless you all.

Anonymous said...

Have to agree with the others, I've checked often as I found Hayley's story after following Jenny Scott and I too still check on you both. I'm so glad you updated! Congrats on baby #4!! Hope you all continue to find many blessings in your lives!!

Pattycorm said...

I have been following you for years....right thru Hayleys journey...and praying for you. I just am so sorry I havent been faithful with commenting...but I was faithful praying. Im so elated to see and update and read of your newest expected blessing. Praying for you...and please keep us all posted soon! Patty in Massachusetts

Anonymous said...

THANKS so much for the update!! I, too have followed/prayed for your family since the beginning of Hayley's Caringbridge site. Congratulations on your newest little love. Jacob & Riley are precious!! Post when you can, we love to hear from you!!

Blessings,
Stacey

rachel prue said...

So excited to hear from you again. Have been a follower since Hayley began her journey, and had been wondering what you guys were up to. Congrats on baby #4...I'm sure she'll be as big of a blessing as the first three!

Cheryl Ferguson said...

Just happened to look at Miracles and Memories which I would never delete from my Favorites. How fun to see your update. Loved reading about you all...Riley in her big bed and Jacob with his "needing help with 2 babies"--the best! You look great pregnant, Dayna, and I'm so happy Alan like his new boss!
Can't wait til next Friday. Best wishes with love and prayers as well.

Anonymous said...

Yay! So excited to see an update :) Congratulations on baby #4 (who may be here by now!). I'm so glad you guys are doing well. Riley and Jacob are adorable, and their personalities sound like so much fun. Big congrats on the new job, Alan!

-Steph

Dawn said...

Can't wait to hear the update on your newest baby girl! Think of Hayley often and hope your family is well!

Barri Feuer said...

I am one of the countless other "fans" out there who fell in love with you Hayley, and bookmarked this site, checking every so often, hoping for an update! I rejoiced with you on the births of Jacob and Hayley, and have always hoped you guys were thriving and enjoying your lives. I've checked for updates now and then, but not for quite some time now. For some reason, something made me click that bookmarked link just now, and I actually audibly said "hooray" as I noticed the new update from the summer, and saw your news about your newest miracle due 4 weeks from then! I'm assuming the newest little baby has arrived, since I'm reading this at the end of September! I wish you all nothing but happiness and joy - as me and my family enter a very joyous holiday in our Jewish faith - Rosh Hashanah - the Jewish new year - may you all be inscribed in the book of life, health and happiness for the coming year and always!! Congratulations! -Barri Feuer & Family (New York)

Powered By Blogger