Monday, June 8, 2009

Look Who's 3!!!

So, our little man turned 3 last weekend...I still can't quite believe it. After Hayley died, I swore I'd never be one of those parents who complained about their kids growing up (after all, I only wished to have the privilege of watching her grow). And while I wouldn't say I'm sad, it's definitely bittersweet...he seems so grown up all of a sudden!

A few pics from his birthday bash at the park....



The construction cake! One of the added benefits of having a boy...you quickly learn the difference between an excavator, front-loader and more...



Makin' a wish!



And...someone's first trip to the pool...how cute is this?

9 comments:

Sharon C said...

I'm just so, so happy for you all. Beautiful family...inside AND out!

Robin said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!! Beautiful photos. Wow Riley sure does resemble Hayley. All the best.

pleasepassthetestosterone said...

I have always been so touched by your family after I began following Hayley. It is amazing how quickly time goes by....can't believe that Jacob is now 3! Hope he had a very happy birthday!

I also cannot believe how much Riley reminds me of Hayley. Both girls are adorable! That sweet Jacob is precious too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...Riley looks like Hayley!
So.....cute!

Carmen said...

Jacob is growing up fast. I love his cake and those hats, so adorable. Baby Riley is beautiful and looks so much Hayley...

Cheryl said...

Jacob IS very grown-up and I bet he keeps you charmed all day long with his antics and conversation.
Love this shot of Riley...she just makes you feel great all over when you look at that adorable smile. This photo reminds me so much of one I have of Hayley when she was about 7 or 8months old. I am thanking God for blessing your family!!

Andrea said...

What sweet pictures! Your children are adorable! It's hard to believe how fast time flies.

Wishing you and your children many more birthday cakes and trips to the park ;)

Best regards,

Andrea
Long Island, NY

Anonymous said...

Wow- Riley looks a lot like Hayley! So precious! I am so happy that the Lord has give you these two precious treasures to love!
Kellie

aggiebonfire00 said...

i know you don't know me...but i have followed your blog for as long as i can remember. i can't believe that jacob is already three years old! he's such a handsome little guy. and riley looks so much like hayley. she is beautiful!!!

Powered By Blogger