Monday, December 14, 2009

Santa Love

So, for the past two years, our "Santa" pictures have looked something like this (pardon the poor quality):



And while I am glad to have such "classic" shots, it lost a little bit of the thrill on year 2. You might say we approached this year's visit to Santa with slight trepidation. Especially becasue last year, Jacob "seemed" into it. He talked about Santa all the time, even gave Santa a high five when he walked by, but when it came time to sit on that lap, he wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with him.

So, needless to say, I was thrilled when he walked up without hesitation at the CURE party last week and hopped right on Santa's lap.



He may have been a bit stoic, but there were no tears, and he actually told Santa exactly what he wanted (which by the way, was a tennis raquet, play doh and a coffee maker). Just to clarify, he's referring to a toy coffee machine he saw in a catalogue. I know - it's perhaps the most bizarre three-year-old list I've ever heard). But I digress...

So, with one child down (Riley wasn't at aforementioned party), it was time for another trip to see the jolly guy in the big red suit. Riley's teetering on the age where stranger anxiety is kicking in so I wasn't totally sure what to expect. And after the initial inquisitive glances,

our little girl fell in love.




I don't know that you can tell, but she was BELLY laughing at Santa Claus. Full out cackling. It might have been the cutest thing I've ever seen. (If only I had brought the video camera). And in spite of the fact that Jacob was back in stoic mode for the group shot...(Riley and Santa were really both rolling by now),



I wasn't sure our Santa visit could have gone any smoother.


And then there was this:



Insert contented sigh.

5 comments:

Sharon C said...

Perfect. Absolutely perfect. You'll treasure those forever! Merry Christmas!!

Barry and Cheryl said...

What joy this news brought us--those precious cuties!

Anonymous said...

Hi there. Just wanted to say those are the CUTEST Santa pictures I think I have ever seen. Although all of the pics are adorable, the one with Jacob hugging Santa just made me smile, and smile, and smile. You're children are just precious.
Happy Holidays.
Lori

Circus Mama said...

Oh my goodness!! Dayna, I don't think your kids could BE any cuter!! And I can just hear a baby cackle in the Santa pics with Ryley. What a sweet sound. I know you cherish it. So great to see you at the CURE party - hope I don't have to wait for Lauren's Run to see you again!!

Merry Christmas!!! Love, Julie

P.S. As for the odd Christmas list - I love it! Joshua is asking for "meat and cheese" for Christmas this year. That's my boy . . .

Carmen said...

I love the Santa pictures, I'm so happy that Jacob has warmed up to Santa...Riley is adorable, her pictures are to sweet. On this day I take a moment to remember Hayley and her 3 sweet smiles as she passed into the gates of Heaven. My thoughts are with you and your entire family today. Here's hoping you have the best Christmas ever as Hayley watches over you today and always....

Powered By Blogger