Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Introducing....Riley Elizabeth

She's here! Riley Elizabeth Thomson made her grand debut this morning at 8:12 a.m., and has already stolen our hearts. She was 5 lbs 12 oz and 19 1/2 inches long, and will share a middle name with her big sis! :) Apparently, we planned well with an Irish name since she decided to arrive on St. Patrick's Day!

We're reserving judgement on who she looks like for a few days since they seem to change so much in the beginning, but she looks a lot like both siblings at birth. Jacob was so excited to meet her and has already been down for a visit. He was a little leery of Mommy in the hospital bed, but wanted to get Riley her paci, pat her back and anything else he could think of to be a big helper! He's definitely a proud big brother - hopefully it will last! Mom's recovering well from c-section, and we promise to post more pictures over the next few days. Thanks so much for all the prayers and well wishes. We're so thankful for our latest little miracle!






45 comments:

dena said...

Congratulations..........she is beautiful:) An awesome name for your new addition....I am so happy for you all. I will pray for speedy recovery for Mom, and for a happy healthy homecoming for Miss Riley Elizabeth. Not only are Irish eyes smiling today......God is smiling as well:) God Bless you all.

Proud Grandma said...

Congratulations on your new little arrival - Happy St. Patricks Day & Happy Birthday Riley - I am so excited for you all. Take care.

Carol Jackovich said...

Beautiful!!!! Thank you so much for sending out the email to let all of us fans know! I can't wait to see future pictures and hear reports to keep up with your family! Carol Jackovich

sara said...

Congratulations on the birth of Riley Eliza Beth ! She is beautiful.

Kristi said...

She is beautiful!! Congratulations on you new arrival.

woffiebear said...

She's beautiful and your family is beautiful. Congratulations to all of you. I'm so very happy for your family.

Jen said...

Congratulations on the arrival of your new daughter. She is beautiful. I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, on your new baby girl, Riley. We are so glad for you. Plus born on St. Patrick's Day!!!

Anonymous said...

YEAHHHH! So happy for you all- Riley is beautiful and I know Jacob will be the best big brother. Thinking of you often and sending hugs your way

Elle Rivers

jandkland said...

What wonderful news! Such a beautiful family. She's so tiny! Both my girls were 8 pounds at birth. Thank you for sharing the lovely pictures. I'll be thinking of you as you adjust to each other.

Anonymous said...

My husband Dana plays poker with Alan. Congratulations to you all! You have a beautiful family!

The Petrin Family

Sharon C said...

Omigosh y'all, she's BEAUTIFUL! And Dana, how the heck can you look so great after a c-section?!? Congratulations to your family! I'm thrilled for you all!!!

Carmen said...

Congratulations to you all.... I'm so happy for you. Riley Elizabeth is absolutely beautiful....Jacob will be the best big brother.

Bubba&SistersMom said...

Tears...tears...tears for the memories of a sweet girl and tears for the joy of many memories to come.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations...She is beautiful. I really thought she would arrive on the 19th.
Mel - Canada

Alisha G. Robertson said...

Oh she is adorable! And look at you, you look amazing! I cannot wait to meet that little sweetie!

Rhonda said...

Congratulations!! What a beautiful family picture! I can't wait to see more pictures!! And I just love, love, love the name choice and especially that Miss Riley arrived on St. Patricks Day!

Circus Mama said...

Congrats!!!!! I am so happy for you! You all look beautiful as usual. =) I hope your recovery goes smoothly and you get lots of time to soak up this newborn stage.
Lots of love & Big Hugs!!
Julie Metz

Robin said...

Congratulations and welcome Riley Elizabeth. What a beautiful name you have chosen. All the best. Dana you look fabulous for someone who just had a baby!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! There is just nothing like a precious new baby! Can't wait to see more pictures!
Kellie Holcomb

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Riley and a round of "Irish Eyes are Smiling" for the Thomson family! I had to laugh when I thought of Dayna needing to start up the blog...when did doing that fall under nesting?!!!

Enjoy getting to know one another!

Robin in Suwanee

Anonymous said...

YAY! Congratulations and welcome little Riley!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! Riley is beautiful. I love her name. You definately had the luck of the Irish with you and the Irish Eyes are Smilin now...... May GOD keep you all in his loving arms.....
Enjoy each other.. I know Jacob will be a great Big Brother.. Lots of love to go around....

Colleen said...

She's adorable! Congratulations to your whole family!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. She is beautiful and Jacobs is pretty darn cute too!!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful and Jacob is such a proud big brother. He talked about her all day at school today. He is going to take good care of his little sister.
Julie G. (one of Jacob's teachers)

Anonymous said...

Welcome Riley! Congratulatins to you and your family! All the best. Tracy Krafl

Terri in CT said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. Dayna is gorgous after a c-section. I am jealous, I looked awful. Enjoy your new and updated family. May God continue to bless you! Thanks for sharing the news.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!

Sally said...

That is wonderful....welcome baby Riley!!

My third is a St. Patty's day baby as well...he turned 5 on Riley's birthday!!!

You look great!!!!

I know Hayley had a big hand in such a beautiful baby!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for your family!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy for all of you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congradulations!

pleasepassthetestosterone said...

Congratulations! I have been so touched by your sweet family over the years. So excited for you all and look forward to seeing more pictures of your sweet kids as they grow. Riley is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

So excited that Riley has arrived. We think she's wonderfully adorable! Congrats to all of you, Jacob too!
Love, Barry and Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I have followed you since Haley's caring bridge site and then when big brother Jacob arrived as well. So glad to meet the newest member and I'm wishing Riley a healthy life filled with lots of love. No doubt she was hand picked for you by her big sis...

Kristine said...

what a beautiful family>
Congratulations on Riley's arrival. Can't wait to see even more pictures of her.

Jenny said...

She is simply beautiful!!! :) Much love to the four of you and thinking of that big sister who I know is watching from above.

Hugs,
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Most heartfelt congratulations!!!! Her name is almost as cute as she is!

We are hoping Christopher is as much of a big helper big brother as Jacob:)

All the best!

Joy, Mark and Christopher

Natalie Maxey said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! SO happy to meet Hayley and Jacob's little sister - she is beautiful!

Marti said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you all. Everyone looks so happy!! Enjoy your new bundle of joy! My St. Patricks Day baby loves all the green on his birthday and all the parties just for him - ha!

Marti

Karen said...

Congrats!!
She is precious and the big brother is too adorable.
Thanks for sharing.

Angie R. said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! Love the name Riley! Looks like she has an adoring big brother!

Natalie said...

Was just checking up on you on the CB site and found thew new blog link. What wonderful, happy news for your family! Congratulations!

Powered By Blogger