On the "not-so-perfect" side, Jacob decided to "give up" his nap the day before we came home from the hospital. It has been brewing for some time, but this week seems to have made it official. We're trying to institute an "hour-long quiet time" in its place, but it's definitely not the same. There goes all hope for sleep for Mommy! Fortunately, we are blessed with lots of helpful grandparents willing to give mom a nap. Jacob started a SportTykes program (beginning basketball, t-ball and soccer) last Friday while I was still in the hospital. I can’t wait to get out and check out the action in person.
Riley is an easy baby, other than being hungry all night long, of course! She pretty much eats and sleeps all day long, and we've barely heard her cry (knock on wood, as we know that could change at a moment's notice!) Every now and then, she gives us a wide-eyed stretch, but they're still pretty few and far between. She had her first doctor's appointment today and is doing great. She's up to 5 lbs 9 oz (got down to 5 lbs, 5 oz at the hospital) so she should pass the two-week "meet your birth weight" requirement with flying colors at this rate. She also has a sense of humor, it seems. Within our first six hours home, she had an "explosive" poop all over Daddy’s pants while he was changing her (so much for not having to worry about girls and changing diapers!). This totally cracked Jacob and Mommy up, of course. It was particularly funny to me as it seems to be a trait of the Thomson girls (minus myself!) One of my earliest memories of Hayley was her doing the exact same thing to Alan in the middle of the night. Nevertheless, he's smitten!
So, other than mental and physical exhaustion from lack of sleep, life is good! We are so blessed and thankful! Our pictures from our first few days home are somewhat pitiful, but here are a few more from the hospital and homecoming. Our favorite photographer (agrgallery.com) came out this week so I hope to have some special shots to share soon!
Thanks for checking on us!
Dayna, Alan, Jacob & Riley
PS – Several of you have asked if we are participating in Lauren’s Run again this year, and yes we are! (team name: Hayley’s Heroes). Mark your calendars for May 3 and check out the basic information at www.firstgiving.org/hayleysheroes. We’ll post more details this weekend, but hope you can join us for this incredibly fun event that raises money for one of our favorite charities – CURE Childhood Cancer.

Me and my girl

Lunch and a snuggle with Jacob and Riley

Ready to go home!

Proud Daddy!
_bath.jpg)
First bath!

Papa with his crew


6 comments:
Danna, I am all teary. I am so happy for you and your sweet family. Proud to be your photographer and your friend. ((HUGS)) Images of that sweet baby to follow soon.
Dayna and Alan, I'm so happy for you and your family. Thank you for continuing to share all your beautiful children with us!
Sharon, Angels in Atlanta
Look at that beautiful family! She's so tiny! Both my girls were 8-pounders, so I don't know what I'd so with such a little one. I know exactly what you mean about lack of rest: when our second daughter was born, our first was 2 1/2, and she decided to give up her nap right then too! Ever since, we have scheduled a rest time which involves putting in a DVD of her choice, offering crayons and paper or dolls and a healthy snack, and having 1 1/2 hours of relative peace. Best wishes as you continue to adjust to this major change in your household. What a blessing!
--Kelley
Hey there friend!
I am SOOOOOO feeling your pain on the lack of sleep. Worn out, but like you, so very thankful! :) Hugs my friend and thinking of our first born girls who are smiling down on us (and probably giggling at us from time to time).
Love,
Jenny
Love the blog. I have been following y'all forever (CHOA {CT} and Alisha) and am so happy you beautiful little girl is here. So very happy for y'all. Riley is just gorgeous!!! Praying for y'all in all that is to come and praising God for your 3 adorable kiddos! Love in Christ - Lisa
Your family is precious. I had not checked Caringbridge in awhile, but checked ARG and saw the photos. Riley is an adorable little peanut. Can't wait to see more of Riley and Jacob.
Post a Comment